End of Life
End of Life
We want to offer people who are nearing the end of their life the highest quality of care and support. We wish to help you live as well as you can, for as long as you can.
- Listen to your wishes about the remainder of your life, including your final days and hours and answer as best we can any questions that you have;
- Help you think ahead so as to identify the choices that you may face, assist you to record your decisions and do our best to ensure that your wishes are fulfilled;
- Talk with you and the people who are important to you about your future needs. We will do this as often as you feel the need, so that you can all understand and prepare for everything that is likely to happen;
- Endeavour to ensure clear written communication of your needs and wishes to those who offer you care and support both within our surgery hours;
- Do our utmost to ensure that your remaining days and nights are as comfortable as possible, and that you receive all the particular specialist care and emotional and spiritual support that you need;
- Do all we can to help you preserve your independence, dignity and sense of personal control throughout the course of your illness;
- Support the people who are important to you, both as you approach the end of your life and during their bereavement.
We also invite your ideas and suggestions as to how we can improve the care and support that we deliver to you, the people who are important to you and others in similar situations.