You can order your repeat prescriptions by:-
- Online via your chosen online patient app - ask at reception for more info.
- By emailing us at email@example.com
- By post using the Royal Mail with a stamped addressed envelope enclosed for returning your prescription.
- By phoning us on 01706 335340 and pressing option 4 between the hours of 09.30 - 11.30 and 14.30 - 16.30 Monday - Friday.
We are working alongside community pharmacies that will no longer be able to order on your behalf, any requests made from the chemists, we will the patient and explain that chemists can not order on their behalf, we will also inform the chemist of this as well. However, you can still collect your medication from your nominated pharmacy and they will still be able to deliver your medication to you if you have signed to their service. For more information please contact one of the reception team.
Collections and Queries
Please allow two working days to order prescriptions to be processed. Any prescription requests made after 15:00 will not be dealt with until the following day when the 2 working days will commence.
All prescriptions will be available for collection from 15:00 onwards, two working days after the request has been made.
If you have a query regarding you prescription or medication, our prescription clerks are available Monday to Friday 09.30 until 11.30 and 14.30 until 16.30.
Remember to plan ahead and order your repeat prescriptions in good time. Your next prescription may be due on or around the next Bank Holiday period.
Please plan ahead and order your prescription in good time as the Surgery is closed on Bank Holidays and at weekends.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.